IT Management is the monitoring and administration of your organization’s information technology systems: software, hardware, and networks. Some common pain points when it comes to IT Management are:
- Worrying about or experiencing cybersecurity problems such as ransomware, bot traffic, and phishing emails.
- Difficulty executing or moving forward on large information management projects as a result of budgetary constraints, not finding the right talent, or getting decision-makers aligned.
- Having regulatory or compliance requirements that must be in place to protect internal and/or customer data and you are unsure if you are compliant or failed a recent audit.
How We Can Help:
We have a limited-duration Program Management office you can utilize to support all of your IT Management needs:
We’ll manage your ongoing projects with our team of Project Managers and Business Analysts. We ensure the roadmap is executed with a plan we develop and manage. This includes your business users, vendors, and consultants.
Why 5P is the Right Partner?
Are you struggling to get your IT projects over the line? Our IT Project Management Services are targeted at helping organizations like yours get projects over the line in partnership with you. Our experienced CIOs, Program Managers, and Finance professionals have two decades of experience managing complex M&A and IT projects in a global environment.
Two mature international product companies were purchased by a private equity company and merged. Post-merger they brought in a “Big 4 Consulting” company to help stand up the new organizations operations. As part of the charter of activities, they put new systems in place to help the new integrated company scale and run their business with data.
Moving from on-premise to SaaS infrastructure is important to keeping the hospitality vertical efficient.
This cost-effective strategy results in a reduced spend on IT and provides additional dollars for other areas of the business.
“We used 5P Consulting to advise on and customize a Salesforce platform, integrate our contact information and associated data and provide software training. We were hesitant because, as a nonprofit, we had not hired outside consulting firms for business integration as that is a non-programmatic “spend”. However, 5P Consulting was worth every dime! They provided their services cost-effectively, professionally and really listened to what we wanted in order to deliver the accurate end product. They were particularly great about follow-up, wrapping up more quickly than I expected what could have been a long and tedious project.”
Get a Free Consultation
* These fields are required.
IT Management FAQs
What is IT management?
IT management refers to the monitoring and administration of an organization’s information technology systems: hardware, software, and networks. IT management focuses on how to make information systems operate efficiently. Just as important, it’s about helping people work better.
Why is IT management important?
With businesses’ increasing reliance on technology, IT management is vitally important to the health of an organization and the ability to execute business strategies. With a solid IT management team or process, businesses can reduce costs, improve data management, and make it easier for employees to collaborate, transfer data, and store and protect information. IT management practices ensure that information technologies are secure, highly available, and perform at their peak.
4 Key Features of Effective IT Management:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – AI can help improve your analytics.
- Analytics – Analytics can help improve your business.
- Cloud Computing – Through the internet, cloud computing is real time access to computing resources like servers, data storage, development tools, applications SaaS and more hosted by a cloud services provider (CSP)
- Internet of Things (IoT) – “A collective network of connected devices and the technology that facilitates communication between devices and the cloud, as well as between the devices themselves”. – Amazon AWS
What do IT managers do?
IT managers guide the IT management team working with your organization. Their responsibilities include a number of tasks such as:
- Securing networks and improving network availability
- Handling online processes from website management to eCommerce
- Generating business plans related to IT management
- Integrating new technology within the business structure